• Choice is owned and operated by licensed healthcare professionals
• our staff has over 200 years of combined home care
and hospice experience
• owners are working members of Choice staff and available for any questions
• we operate in 8 counties within a 50 mile radius
• we work with physicians all over the metro area
• is a stable healthcare provider with stable staff, having been incorporated over 16 years. Many of our staff
have been with us since the beginning.
• we are a Medicare Certified and a participating provider for several health insurance plans
• Choice has adopted the Code of Ethics for home care and hospice
• our patients receive the most up to date care by actively participating in national health care conferences, becoming educated on the newest
components of heath care.
Our Medical Director is Dr. Robin Gonzalez. Dr. Gonzalez is a geriatrics doctor in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and is affiliated with St. Anthony Hospital. She received her medical degree from University of Oklahoma College of Medicine and has been in practice for 20 years. She is one of 5 doctors at St. Anthony Hospital who specialize in Geriatrics.
Umi Chahal knew she wanted a career in the health care industry since she was a young girl growing up in India. After earning her bachelor's and master's degrees in nutrition and dietetics at Delhi University's Lady Irwin College, the then 22- year-old Chahal came to the United States in search of the "American Dream."Chahal began her career working in various clinical and management positions in New York before moving to Oklahoma in 1984. She worked as a clinical dietitian at St. Mary's Hospital in Enid while earning her master's in business administration. She later worked as director of food nutrition at OU Medical Center and chief financial officer in home health.In 2001, she started her own business named Choice Home Health Inc. Three years later, she began Choice Hospice to provide compassionate end-of-life care for her patients."My most significant accomplishment is that I achieved the American Dream as a first-generation immigrant. I came to the USA with my education and little else. I was able to expand my formal and informal education, work in challenging environments and start my own business," said Chahal, who earned her U.S. citizenship in 1978.Chahal is a member of EWF International, a private membership forum for female business owners, and Oklahoma Hospice & Palliative Care Association. She also is a former board member and president of the Oklahoma Association for Home Care and Oklahoma Dietetic Association. In addition, she is a graduate of Leadership Oklahoma City.Her honors include being named 2000 Volunteer of the Year by the Oklahoma Association of Home Care, Distinguished Dietitian of the Year in 1993 by the Oklahoma Dietetic Association, and a finalist for Manager of the Year at OU Medical Center that same year."My major philosophy is based on three principles - work hard, share the fruits of my labor with others and never forget the major player in my life - God and my faith," she said. …
Dr. John Long and his mother Dr. Robin Gonzalez both found their calling as Family Medicine Physicians at St. Anthony Hospital in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.